At NSH&M, we have extensive experience representing both employers and employees. This gives us the unique ability to advise our clients not only on the law, but also on the perspective of those who may be opposing them in an employment dispute. With regard to employers, this also allows us to assist them in resolving complex employment problems before they end up in litigation. Ultimately, if claims need to be litigated, our attorneys have deep experience in all phases of employment litigation, including administrative hearings, trials, and appeals.
Our firm’s employment experience includes prosecuting and defending claims for discrimination, harassment, retaliation, defamation, wrongful termination, breach of contract, theft of trade secrets, violation of the state and federal labor laws, and wage and hour class actions. These include, but are not limited to, claims arising under the following statutes:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964;
- The Civil Rights Act of 1991;
- Sections 1981 through 1988 of Title 42 of the United States Code, as amended;
- The Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (“ERISA”);
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990;
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (“ADEA”);
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”);
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act;
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002;
- The Family and Medical Leave Act;
- The Equal Pay Act;
- California Family Rights Act – Cal. Gov’t Code § 12945.2;
- California Fair Employment and Housing Act – Cal. Gov’t Code § 12900 et seq.;
- California Unruh Civil Rights Act – Cal. Civ. Code § 51 et seq.;
- California Parental Leave Law – Cal. Lab. Code § 230.7 et seq.;
- California Equal Pay Law – Cal. Lab. Code § 1197.5;
- California Whistleblower Protection Law – Cal. Lab. Code § 1102.5;
- California Political Activities of Employees Law – Cal. Lab. Code § 1101 et seq.
In addition to our experience in handling these types of cases, the firm has had the privilege of working alongside the United States government to certify qui tam actions.
If you would like more information on our employment practice, please contact one of our firm’s attorneys listed to the right.