Our attorneys have years of experience representing public entities in a wide range of matters such as employment, civil rights, government tort liability, defamation, administrative mandamus, and general liability. This includes claims arising under the following:
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Title VII
- Title IX
- False arrest and imprisonment, excessive force and related claims under 42 U.S.C. §1983
- Government Tort Claims Act
- Environmental claims
- Eminent domain and inverse condemnation
- Unlawful Detainer
- Public employment disputes, including claims of discrimination, harassment, and whistleblower retaliation
In addition, our attorneys have developed unique experience in handling litigation involving student conduct matters. These matters, which have recently been the subject of national debate, involve legal issues arising under the United State Constitution and Title IX. This has allowed us to develop a vast working knowledge of Title IX, and the regulations and guidance provided by the Department of Education and the Office of Civil Rights.
Through our representation of public entities, we have represented distinguished universities, schools, cities, counties, joint powers authorities, state agencies, police departments, and special districts throughout California. If you would like more information on our public entity practice, please contact one of our firm’s listed attorneys.
Last update of the article: 07/03/2020